Monday, April 12, 2010

Close To My Heart: May is National Scrapbooking Month, But What About Card Makers, Here You Go


This is the Close To My Heart Miracle kit for May's National Scrapbooking Month.  It's perfect for card makers and I'll show you why. 



I'm the Matron of Honor and my hubby is the Best Man for our friends wedding in September.  They are great friends and we're honored to be asked.  This is the second time around for her and the last.  Kim is a great guy. 

The first card is made with just the contents of the kit.  I used two pieces from the My Stickease (TM) (the Celebrate and the boarder on the bottom), one of the Miracle Kit paper diecuts cut in half (the scalloped edged paper on the top), a chipboard butterfly and a piece of Colonial White cardstock.  This first card is for the bride and will accompany her bride to be present that I'll give her the night before the wedding when the guys are off somewhere.  We're all going to be in the same Holiday Inn/Conference Center where the wedding will be.



This second card from the Miracle Kit is the card that will accompany the wedding present for both Kim and Julie. 



I personally think this card is just perfect for a wedding.  Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.  Here's how I made it.



I took a sheet of Colonial White and cut it 11" by 8.5" which will make two cards that are 5.5 x 4.25.



I used the Fiskars paper cutter, lined the 8.5" since up at 4.25 and scored it with a bone folder in the cutting groove.  Only score once because you can put cut your paper in half with a bone folder believe it or not.  I've done it.



Now using the Xyron Design Runner.  I love this thing and have most of the SD cards that are available for it, I use a scrap paper and my DR ruler and measure where I am going to start on a scrap paper.  This makes it easier when setting up your printing on the actual card as in the next photo.



So I start with the Design Runner at the rounded edge of the ruler and figured out where it would print (what measurements) then I lined up my card paper with the ruler so the DR will print in the perfect location.  What a great tool to use.  You can make sure your DR also prints completely straight because it will print in the center area.


Close To My Heart Just Blooms (T) are perfect for Weddings.  I used the white, I believe it's Daisy White.  The Just Blooms are paper flowers that have flowers and butterflies.  I inked the edges with CTMH Dutch Blue.  I used a large bloom, a smaller bloom and and even smaller bloom and three butterflies that I inked and stuck together with thin pieces of very strong glue tape.  You can use whatever you like but make sure you only put glue in the center of the butterflies.  I also used a Colonial White brad in the center of the flowers and glue dots to attach it to the card.


It gives the allusion of a butterfly that is just landing on the flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment